The location for the November Board Meeting has been changed due to the closing of the Library for Veterans day. Board Meetings are open to all families of PYHA players. If you would like to speak at the Board Meeting please email Stefanie Wilson so that you can be added to the agenda. Thank you!
Board Meeting- Wednesday November 11, 2015 from 6:00pm -8:00pm
Legacy Bank- University Park 730 Desert Flower 81001
Student Coach Regulations
A player between the ages of 13 and 17 who is currently properly registered with USA Hockey may serve as a student coach under the following conditions:
* Must attend a training session conducted by the local hockey association.
* Must always be under the supervision of a carded, screened adult coach during all practices, clinics, try-outs, and in the locker room.
* May help out at practices, clinics, try-outs only. (May not play during scrimmages or games).
* Must wear a helmet with full face shield, gloves, and skates while on the ice. Must wear helmet during games while on the bench.
* May only work with players at least one full playing age level down.
* The organization that is using the student coach must provide a form indicating on what team he/she is participating as a student coach, and, if applicable, what team he/she is properly registered/rostered as a player.
* Upon reaching the age of 18, the student coach must comply with all USA Hockey coaching and screening rules and regulations.
* May not act as the head coach or assistant coach during practices or games.
If you are interested in student coaching, please contact PYHA On-Ice Director Jeff Wilson at 719-251-4754 or email@example.com. Student Coaching application link
PYHA is very excited to announce that this season we will be participating in the CCYHL. The CCYHL games are mostly along I-25 which hopefully means easier travel for our parents. Please click on the PYHA operations tab for a list of current CCYHL teams and locations.
Registration for the 2015- 2016 season still open for some teams. If you are interested in registering please contact Debbie Naylor to check availability first. If she deems that there is room on a team please click on the "Season Registration" tab to the left.
Coaches- please turn in coaching packets ASAP to Jeff Wilson. Please click on the "Coaches Corner" tab to the left for details.
New this year- Dryland practices are going to be held twice per week at Ultimate Performance at 124 Onieda Street for all players Squirt- Bantam.
Ultimate Performance is a Registered USA Wrestling, USA Track and Field and USA Boxing Club, and has already gotten clearance from USA Hockey to work with our players.
From their website: "We offer Footwork, Speed, Strength and Agility training, which will help an athlete perfect their sport. Our trainers are very knowledgable and continue to educate themselves on the latest moves, and techniques available. We want you to be the best athlete and reach your dreams of playing at the level you want! Our main goal is make YOU become a champion!"
PYHA Tournament Dates:
Squirt Dec 4-6
Peewee: Dec 18-20
U8: Feb 26-28
Please check back often!